As a parent, it can be overwhelming to teach your children all they need to know to help them throughout their life. Luckily, our dental team understands this task can be daunting, and to help you, our team is happy to share some simple tricks to teaching your child to brush their teeth, so they can learn the habit young and maintain positive oral health throughout their lifetime.
Our dentist, Dr. Behnam Y. Moghadasian, cares about your child’s oral health and is happy to help in any way possible. That is why, our team Great Neck Dental Care in Great Neck, New York, has provided you this little guide to help you with tips on how to teach your child to brush their teeth. Here are some guided tips on educating your child about brushing their teeth:
– Make sure your child uses soft-bristled toothbrushes.
– Your child will need to depend on brushing their teeth on their own safely and effectively for the rest of their life, so make sure they’re doing so correctly and teach them the importance of using tools that can accomplish these tasks.
– Help your child brush their teeth safely and gently using a 45-degree angle so that they can reach areas on both sides of a tooth.
– Teach your child the importance of caring for their toothbrush and storing it safely in a clean and sanitized location.
– It is important that your child makes sure they clean off their tongue every day too as it can contain bacteria.
Your child’s oral health is important, which is why we are happy to help you in any way we can. If you would like to bring your child in for a dental checkup, or if you have questions about their oral health care, please call us today at 516-717-4729. We are happy to make you an appointment.