If you’ve recently done a teeth-whitening procedure, congratulations! We hope that you are enjoying the bright new look of your smile, and we hope the treatment lasts for a long time. Here are a few pointers about how you can maintain the fresh appearance of your newly whitened chompers.
– Brush two times a day with whitening toothpaste to preserve that bright look. If you’re debating between two or more brands, trust the ones that carry the ADA seal of approval.
– Look out for foods that can dye your pearly whites. Foods like red wine, coffee, tea, blueberries, blackberries and heavily colored drinks can lead to tinged teeth.
– Use a straw when drinking drinks that stain so that you can keep your teeth free from dyes that stain pearly whites. If you don’t have a straw, be careful!
– Give up smoking, dipping and/or chewing tobacco. The tar and nicotine in tobacco products like cigarettes change teeth to shades of yellow. Scale back your use and your chompers will be thankful!
– Checkup your dentist often for professional cleanings and whitening. The staff at Great Neck Dental Care in Great Neck, New York, are authorities in professional teeth cleaning. Let them help you keep your smile brilliant.
Have you scheduled your next appointment with Dr. Behnam Y. Moghadasian yet? If not, please call 516-717-4729 now so we can schedule your appointment. We hope to see you soon!