Are you aware of the symptoms of gingivitis? Because gingivitis is an early stage of gum disease, your mouth will be suffering from an infection of your gum tissues. If left untreated, it can cause the infection to spread and can even result in tooth loss. Furthermore, it can destroy your teeth and your jawbone alike. Always look for these common symptoms and signs of gingivitis:
– If you are routinely suffering from poor lifestyle choices, you could be putting your smile at an increased risk of dental damage when you are smoking or chewing tobacco.
– If you were to ever find yourself struggling with bad breath or if it frequently returns after treatment, it could be linked to an underlying condition such as gingivitis.
– If you have any signs of excessive redness or tenderness with your gums that fails to go away, gingivitis may be the cause.
– Bleeding gums are often a known symptom of gingivitis.
– Several risk factors for gingivitis that you may have little control over include genetic predispositions, diabetes, a pregnancy, and medications that you are taking, as they can all lead to an increased risk for gum disease and gingivitis.
If you would like to book an exam for a gingivitis treatment with Dr. Behnam Y. Moghadasian and the rest of our team at Great Neck Dental Care, you are welcome to call our dentist office at 516-717-4729 for an appointment in Great Neck, New York.